Due to the recent increase of Covid cases, due to a new more infectious strain and due to the fact that Devon & Cornwall have now moved from Tier 2 into Tier 3 we have decided to tighten our restrictions in the shop.
As we are classed as an essential shop we will still be able to open if we do happen to move in to tier 4. By putting in these extra measures now we are hopefully helping to reduce any transmission in the shop and we are ensuring all our lovely customers feel safe whilst shopping with us and also our staff feel safe serving you and going about with their daily tasks.
As from Monday the 4th of January 2021 we will be implementing the following….
- Our Reptile and Fish department will be closed to the public. We will allow customers upstairs by appointment only between 9am and 12 midday. If you require anything from these departments including fish and reptile food, our staff will be happy to go and collect it for you.
- Due to the layout of our shop we feel it is only safe to have three customers in the shop at any one time, with one of those 3 people being served. Only 1 person from any one household will be allowed access into the shop (obviously any single parents with children will be welcome but we are sorry we cannot allow partners or complete families) this is to try and keep our footfall down.
- All non latex gloves (ie woollen or Cotton) will have to be removed prior to entry and hands/latex gloves must be sanitised
- Face masks must be worn prior to entry or an exemption certificate, or lanyard must be clearly visible.
- All customers that would rather not walk around the shop can ask a member of staff to shop for them of which we are more than happy to do if you know what you need.
- We will be increasing our Delivery capabilities for those customers that do not wish to come out, self isolating or would just prefer to have their pet needs delivered. Free Delivery will apply for local deliveries if customers phone their orders through, or there is a small charge if ordering via our website if orders do not hit a minimum amount. All deliveries are strictly doorstep drop deliveries, our drivers are not allowed to enter your premises but they are more than happy to place them into a shed or out building if required.
We at Ron’s Pet Supplies are committed and determined to keep all our customers and staff safe and free from this indiscriminating Virus. We feel that by putting these stricter measures in place we are doing our bit to make Tavistock a safer place to shop.
We thank you all for your patience and understanding throughout these unfamiliar and restrictive times.
If you would like to discuss these new measures with us or you feel we could do more then please email me with your thoughts and concerns.. firstname.lastname@example.org